After reading Lisa’s post on “Five things you don’t know about me,” I decided to voluntarily tag myself. I’m not really one for tagging, but I’ve given myself Tuesday nights off from studying since I have such a long day at school.
1. As recent as 2003, I almost won Miss Festival at a folkdance festival in Bulgaria. If you go to the website and hover on the US, I’m the one being held by the man in the red pants. OK I realize you can’t see me, but trust me!
2. I was proposed to in the Special Collections Room of my university’s library. Sigh…
3. I skipped my senior year of high school. This is kind of a long story, but it involves my all girls Catholic school going under and announcing their closing in the middle of my junior year. Being that our requirements were more than the State’s, all it took was some convincing of the administration to let us complete English 4 and a half credit of PE over the summer and we graduated in July of 1992. I started college at 16 and was finished by 20.
4. I was born on my father’s birthday, making me, my dad and my mom ALL Virgos.
5. I have an extensive autograph collection, including the likes of Julie Andrews. My uncle used to work for a Broadway composer and she was to come over for dinner. Even though I had to wait patiently in the kitchen, there was no way I was going to let Mary Poppins be in the house and not do something about it! Thanks to my uncle, I also got to meet Katharine Hepburn when I was 16. We spoke of ballet even though all I wanted to ask her was Cary Grant!
Feel free to tag yourself!